Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ben Rosenbloom's Group tomorrow night (that's Sunday the 26th)

Someone actually paid me back in full for a loan I made in December.  I guess I should feel good but maybe I celebrated too much last night. 

Ben Rosenbloom is the next musical guest.  I think he's got a quartet and it's kind of jazzy, kind of free jazzy.  Let's see what happens.  Starts at 8.

Reading Sideways by Rex Pickett and so far I've got a few favorite lines:

"'The Internet is a dark road to infinity potholed with links,' I opined.  'For a writer, it's like shitting where you eat.'"

"All around us, open fields of resplendent heather pastured daydreaming livestock chewing their cuds in the lazy mid-afternoon sun."

Why does that remind me of Fitzgerald?  It probably shouldn't.

Funny how the internet is capitalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment