Sunday, August 14, 2011

Albert Ortega

This proved more difficult than I imagined, getting Albert Ortega to come and play.  He actually cancelled yesterday but after talking a bit on the phone he decided to "get on board".  I told him I wasn't trying to guilt-trip him into doing it but I had sent out some notifications but they could all be nullified with a couple of simple postings.  Albert stated that he just wasn't feeling right about doing any shows without a vehicle of transport at his disposal.  I can somewhat relate.  Recently I had some issues with my Sprinter; first the transmission which I had some guy from my kids' school attempt to fix.  Hundreds of dollars later and it was still leaking.  Took it to a local station and they were able to get it done but that was another $400.  Then the normal check-up at the dealership and although I called ahead of time they seemed unprepared when I got there.  I went to pick it up and the brakes hadn't been done, nor the AM on my radio.  Took it back to the place that did the transmission but the person running the station was different and although he said he could get the part he didn't seem capable of doing it.  This after I'd left my van twice overnight, riding my bike to and fro.  Finally got it done in SoPas at Larry's Union but again, the bicycle rides were numerous.  I do like riding, though.  Some of my best ideas come from doing so.

But, to see a little of Albert before you come to hear him tonight live at The Battery Books & Music at 1005B Mission St in South Pasadena, check out:

Albert Ortega at Tonalism pt. 2/5

 starts at 8pm.  

 

In the meantime I'll be preparing and then acting as chauffer for the evening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment