Friday, March 11, 2011

what a scene

Hard to believe how grooving Theo Saunders and Putter Smith were last night.  An hour's worth of Pure Monk.  Truly tasty.  I just watched their hands through the plate glass front window.  Great opportunity to do so.  Where else could I? 

So, this Thursday is Irene Naomi Diaz with Seung Park and Mike Ellison.  Starts around six. 

I just listened to Roxy Music's For Your Pleasure, again.  Just can't get enough.  Now I've got a New World Records release of New Music for Virtuosos/2.  It's a Robert Morris piece, Motet on Doo-dah, and I'm getting complaints from Laurie regarding it.  I guess I'll have to put on something less dissonant, grrr.  Too bad as I wanted to check out the Imbrie piece with Stuart Dempster on it.  Sneaking in the Robert Hall Lewis: Inflections I with Bertram Turetzky on bass.

The girl scout cookies are steadily selling, so much so that the leader asked us to stock more. 

Asher and I played ball tonight at the gym; I got him a guest pass which was NOT for two weeks but three days sadly.  That's just silly.

By the way, Victoria cancelled for Sunday so you can come in and just hear my turntable picks instead.  Fine, I'll try to be upbeat and conducive to book purchasing/pricing/browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment